CHINESE GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP
In 2012/2013 academic year, there will be 10 scholarships unilaterally provided by Chinese Government to Mauritian students (More detailed information on website: http://www.ambchine.mu/eng/ or http://mauritius.cccweb.org/mu).
CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
1. Applicants must be Mauritian citizens and in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for undergraduate program must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
- Applicants for master's degree program must have bachelor's degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree program must have master's degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for Chinese training program must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35, Chinese language is the only subject available.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicates).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship filled in Chinese or English
Applicants shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online.
The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn. The "Agency No." of Mauritius is 4801.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Applicants shall also provide proof of studying on application.
Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan. All applicants are required to submit a study or research plan. It must be in Chinese or in English.
5. Recommendation letters: Applicants for postgraduate studies, or study in China as senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
6. Applicants for music studies are requested to submit a CD of the applicants' own works. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit a CD of the applicants' own works (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
7. Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the legal documents of their legal guardians in China.
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (The original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
SELECTION OF INSTITUTIONS AND SPECIALTIES
Applicants can choose one academic program and three institutions as their preferences from the Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program. (http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/Search.aspx)
1. According to the regulations stipulated by MOE, all undergraduate programs for international students are instructed in Chinese. Applicants with no command of Chinese are required to take the college preparatory courses for one to two years before pursuing major studies. And only by passing the examinations of the college preparatory courses, could they start their university studies.
2. Certain Chinese HEIs could conduct some postgraduate program in English.
3. Fees for international traveling: self-pay
Applicants should prepare all the documents in duplicates and submit them at Cultural Office of Chinese Embassy (Victor Hugo Road, Bell Village, Port Louis) on 22 and 23 March from 9h00 to 11h45.